Looking back...a newly published author's point of view

     When I was a kid my parents introduced me to our local library.  And imagine:  my very own library card!  A piece of cardboard with a metal tag attached and my name on it...a card that opened the magical door to a world of knowledge and adventure.  I became a voracious reader, a pleasurable attribute that has been mine to enjoy into my 66th year of life on this old planet.

    I grew up in that library, becoming a young man, and when the library changed locations I moved right along with it, now bringing my young daughter to the library on weekends, a family outing that became a tradition.

    As I continued to mature the library remained a focal point for me and my daughter.  Chess Club for me on Thursday nights, and with my daughter on Saturday mornings.  And always more books to read and enjoy.

    As time went by the library made computers available to patrons, introducing me to the World Wide Web.  As that library card had opened up a magical door for me when I was a child, so now the Web opened up yet another magical door, leading to more knowledge, more adventure, more opportunity.

    And then I moved away from my old hometown of San Angelo, leaving the Tom Green County Library Main Branch behind.  It was my foundation as a reader and was to become my foundation as an author in years to come.

    I lived in upstate New York for several years, followed by a move to Florida and the purchase of my latest motorcycle, which led to exciting paranormal adventures while riding, which would lead me to write my book:  Riding with Ghosts, Angels, and the Spirits of the Dead.

    When my book was published in September of 2020, I soon donated a couple of copies to my old hometown library, a pleasurable circle of happy learning, knowledge, and adventure becoming complete.

    Who would have thought—certainly not I—that this child who haunted his hometown library would have grown into a man who:  became an internationally known professional psychic; was a popular featured guest on several large radio stations for 14 years; filmed a TV pilot for The History Channel in which he psychically explored the assassination of President Abraham Lincoln.  And who became a published book author.

    From the books that I had read, the travels and adventures that had grown in my mind as a child became the realities of my adulthood.

    Reading is fundamental...in more ways than one.  May my book inspire you to seek out new and pleasant adventures and journeys in your own life.  I hope you enjoy the read.

    To learn more about my book, visit:  www.ridingwithghosts.net

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas; lessons from Handel's Messiah

Phone calls...from the dead?